Thursday, February 26, 2009

Overheard from the Kitchen Sink, Take 2...

I was standing beside the breakfast table yesterday, taking a few moments to chat with my younger brothers before heading off to work, when Josiah, my pudgy-faced youngest brother, took it upon himself to offer a professional critique of my accessorizing:

Josiah: “Thea, those earrings that you have on look kind of like fish.”

Mom: “Yeah? But they’re definitely Christian fish.”

Me: “Yeah, Siah, I call these guys “Icky,” short for Ichthus, so they’re definitely Christian.”

Josiah pondered this thoughtfully for a moment, ruminating philosophically on a mouthful of toast. He blinked, stuck out his chin, and offered us this interesting bit of information:

“I have three goldfish. Two of them are Christians.”

Me: “Siah, that’s impossible. If you had fish, they’d be dead, fo shuah.”

Josiah: *horrified gasp* “How can you say that?!! You mean they’re lukewarm in the faith?!!”

The conversation went downhill from there...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, I think Squirty's scripture knowledge has improved since i left. lol.

Michelle said...

i vote you update again. :)