Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today the words from Aaron Shust's song, "Give Me Words to Speak," kept running through my mind as a prayer...

Lord, give me words to speak...

...to the woman whose father raped her when she was ten, and destroyed her faith in humanity, her belief in God, and her sense of personal worth...

Give me words of comfort to speak to the dad whose wife just left him for another man...

Give me words of wisdom for the woman who doesn't realize that her yelling, screaming, and cursing at her kids is hurting them deeply in ways she can't begin to fathom...

Give me gentle and loving words for the woman whose son was killed in a car crash...who doesn't know how she's gonna be able to go on.

Give me gracious words...and O God, give me Your words...because I have nothing left to give of myself.

No comments: