Sunday, April 8, 2012

While I'm not officially in the same state as this child to lavish him with auntie affection (which would probably cause the poor child to develop a phobia of hugs and kisses), I have been feeling all sorts of mushy things as I flipped through my kid brother's latest photo shoot of my youngest nephew.
The mischievous twinkle in his eye in this one leads me to strongly suspect he may have just done something crazy in his diaper...

"Food? Did someone say...eat?"

Practicing his grandfather pose.

My goodness gracious, this little munchkin gets cuter--and happier--every time I see him. But what on earth is up with children growing up so quickly these days?! Seriously, it feels like yesterday that he was a little urping, squeaking, diaper-filling newborn eating machine who simply blinked dazedly at you and wet his diaper when you smiled in his direction. And now he's eating soup ladles, laughing, and big enough to sit unsupported (a life skill that I still use today, so I'm terribly glad he's developed it).

No comments: