Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thanksgiving has come and gone yet again. (It's this weird thing that the calendar does--it keeps moving. Takes me by surprise every year, I confess). And so, very briefly, while I should be studying for my final on Monday morning, I take a moment to chronicle a few of the things for which I have been and am incredibly grateful:

 My youngest niece and nephew...both of whom are a little obsessed with technology and capes. Although Lauren may be...just practicing her impersonation of Superwoman. They bless my life with their kissableness and their perpetual sense of wonder at the little miracles of human existence.

 Superwoman smile. Fashion sense may come later in life. If it doesn't, hey, smiling makes up for a lot. 

 My oldest--and most verbose--nephew, who is here leading a demonstration on how to cough into one's shirt. He blesses my heart and is the source of many laughs. 

My man--sweet, sensitive, Godly, and funny, with a sizeable sprinkle of mischief-maker. 

Coffee. Sometimes, it's the primary thing that keeps me smiling at the end of the day. 


My awesome siblings. For whatever reason, we don't have a picture of all of six of us at any point in the past...very long time. So here are two of my bestest friends in the whole world, and we'll just pretend the other three are in there too. 

Books. The ability to think. The opportunity to study. Oo, and the fact that studies in the formal sense eventually END?! That is a deeply happifying fact in my life right now. 

 Health. Awesome roommates and hilarious friends. And...the fact that none of us got hit by a car during any of our athletic adventures this year is also something for which I'm grateful. 

Dedicated, patient, incredible mentors. Glenn Ransom has poured more into each of us Varsity students than we may ever truly know, and I am deeply, sincerely grateful for his time, his insight, his guidance and love, and (most days) his quirky sense of humor. 

The list could go on and on, because in all honesty, I serve an awesome heavenly Father who has seen fit to bless me in hundreds of ways that I don't deserve but gratefully accept. But, um, my conscience is speaking to me about that final that I really SHOULD be studying for right now, and thus...I must excuse myself without further ado. 

No comments: